Monday, April 30, 2012

The delay

Hello there. Long time no chat. I'm getting a bunch of new reviews and wish to thank whoever is pimping THTF. I cannot express my sadness over the fact that the story hasn't updated.

Just a little about my life in the last year. I went from a full time stay-at-home mom to a full time employee who's taking two classes per semester at a local university. At the same time, my husband started college while working full time as well. My older son started high school, my younger son is finishing elementary school. Both my kids are active in sports and extra-curriculars that keep us hopping.

Ultimately, however, it is the 40-hours a week I'm working that used to be dedicated to writing, researching, editing, and so on that has put the breaks on the story.

THTF is not dead. It will be finished. I do work on it when I have time. Even worse, I have plot bunnies that bang on my brain and demand attention.  I've written a few one shots (Succubus and DART) for various causes and events which have been posted. I've written a series of drabbles I'm afraid to post because I know people will be pissed that I've written those and not THTF.  I also have five chapters of another story written.  (THAT story will never post as a WiP, I will never post a WiP again. Anything I post from now on will be complete before the first word goes public.)

So, I beg your forbearance and ask for your forgiveness. I understand that THTF has lost most of its audience due to the delay. I just hope that those that find it in the future will be able to enjoy the whole story as it will be finished.

18 comments:

  1. I'm still with you, I love THTF.

    Not to kick you after your apology and reasons for not writing, but will you ever return to writing The Bargain? I loved that story too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for letting us know what is going on. I will be here when you are ready ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll always be here for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so in love with this story , so i really hope you will finish it . i will waiting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, none of us have the right to judge you or give you a hard time because you have a life. I just appreciate the fact that you've told us what's up and that you haven't given up, despite having a really crazy schedule. I know there are a lot of people out there who are still hoping and praying for an update - and I am one of them! Just do your best, it's the only thing any of us can do.

    XO,
    2loveybunnies

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this. Your life sounds extremely hectic. I'll be ready to read as soon as you post a new chapter but remember to take some time to just relax.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will always be one of my favorite ff authors no matter how long it takes to update <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will be here when you get ready to post.. Love THTF. If you want to post your drabbles, go for it... if ya catch some grief, so be it.. the loyal ones will stay with ya.. it's your stuff.. or post here..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely still here! Thanks to the handy RSS, which is checked everyday, I'll keep my eye for the next chapter. Love love this story. Thanks for the update!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not going anywhere. I've been following THTF from the beginning, way back when. : )
    I lost count how many times I've got back and reread it. I'm not surprised RL has taken over your writing time, I know it certainly cuts into my FF reading time. Lol. No judging here or any unhappiness from me. I'm thrilled to see you are still alive and well and have plans to finish THTF. I'm patient and we all know "good things come to those who wait...". Take all the time you need, your followers will still be here. Thanks for updating us all.
    You've put smiles on our faces again. : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. your story is one of my faves. I wish you all the best and I hope you'll be able to update soon, but first things first! Take care of your family and your real life, those are the most important things. I wish you a great Mother's day!
    Thanks for letting us know that THTF is still progressing, even if only on your computer.

    - Raum from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll definitely be there whenever you update the story :D
    I still have and will continue to have it on my alerts on ff.net.

    Thank you so much for leaving us a note! It's wonderful that you're letting us know what's going on an that you do intend to finish it.
    That being said take all the time you need! I know that some might give you a hard time about it but I think the majority of us completely understand that RL comes first and yours sounds pretty hectic to me.

    So thanks again for letting us know!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank goodness you're fine (other than being busier than crap!) I was seriously thinking something really bad had happened :-( So thrilled to hear that you will finish it! And who needs sleep? It's overrated! Lol! J/k!! I will be praying for you to find the time though; I really love these characters:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG!!!! Me too, Christy, I was soooo getting worried something awful had happened :'( I am very relieved that all is well and will stick with you until I am no longer capable of log on to a computer/phone :) Love Love love this story its defo in my top three, I so wished I have your talent for writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so relieved on one hand and so bummed on the other. My hope is going to try its best not to die and trust you will return when you can cause I really am wrapped up in this story. I so desperately want to see where this goes!!! Big hugs!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am soooo happy I stumbled upon your post today, even though you posted it awhile ago. Just so you know, you're true fans are still waiting patiently for Real Life to stop being so bothersome to you so we can get back to one of our favorite stories.
    Wishing you many uneventful moments in the near future in which to write :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't wait for you next update!! This story is so imaginative and emotional!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. thank god i found this post i was thinking that THTF was at an end!!!!

    ReplyDelete