Friday, July 9, 2010

Dinner Plans

Chapter 36, teaser

“So what are you going to do?”

“I’m going to make a few phone calls today, and then I’m going to take Bella home with me. My building has better security. If she’s not at her apartment, then hopefully the paparazzi won’t harass Ms. Weber, either. She is here, isn’t she?”

“Yeah, she’s at her desk. Um, she asked me to ask you if she could see Bella.”

I sighed. “Of course, she’s a good friend. Tell her that I’ll send her out when she wakes up. She had a hard night and didn’t get much sleep.”

I could tell that Emmett’s dirty mind was having a field day with that little bit of information.

“A tough night, huh? The paper didn’t hit the stands until early this morning. Why was she up so late?” His grin was just this side of a leer.

“Rein it in there, brother. She and I had a fight.”

“What?” He made a scoffing sound. “I’m starting to think that Rose is right about you. What could you have possibly fought about?”

1 comment:

  1. You have no idea how excited I get when I know a new chapter is about to be posted. I try to hold out as long as possible to read it when it is posted, too. It usually lasts at most only a couple of hours. I love this story.

    ReplyDelete