Friday, October 15, 2010

Chapter 41 teaser

I jammed my key into the lock and swung the door wide. The first thing I noticed was that it was pitch black except for the TV. Angela was sprawled on the floor, leaning against one of our club chairs staring unseeing at the screen.

“Ang?”

She popped up as if startled, which was impossible, since she must have heard me come in.

“Bella!” she shouted, as if she hadn’t seen me in a year instead of a day.

“Hey, Ang, what’s with the darkness?” I flipped on the lights.

Angela hissed and covered her eyes.

“Turn them off!”

I quickly turned the lights off as a feeling of dread settled in my stomach.

“Ang?” I dropped by bag at the door and made my way blindly to where she was sitting and squatted down next to her. “Ang? Is everything alright? Did something happen with Ben?”

1 comment: