Thursday, October 28, 2010

Chapter 42 teaser

I nodded, agreeing, and sat down at my desk just as the elevator chimed and Edward stepped off. He was reading something in a folder he was holding. He looked up and our gazes met briefly before his eyes zeroed in on the flowers on my desk. He scowled.

“From your boyfriend?” he asked.

“Uh, no, they’re not from Jake.” The scowl slid from Edward’s face to be replaced with a look of confusion.

“Who are they from, then?”

I didn’t immediately answer as Edward walked over and stopped before my desk.

“Umm…”

Before I could answer, Angela burst into a very loud and undignified laugh, startling Edward and causing me to giggle nervously.

“Bella?” Edward asked, clearly confused.

Hesitantly, I held out the card to him. He took it, glanced down briefly, and froze, a twisted frown on his face. I grimaced and wondered if I should have lied about the flowers being from Jake. Edward held the card out to me and I took it from him, our hands brushing together lightly. He snatched his hand back as if he’d been burned before turning abruptly and making his way to his office.


Bella's flowers

8 comments:

  1. I think the flowers were a "welcome to the office" gift from Edward that he wasn't aware he'd sent. How embarrassing that would be for him. Regardless, he's so on my sh*t list right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! An early teaser! Does that mean we get an early chapter? Ugh . . . I love this story so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait till this chapter posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to Sunday's posting. Also wondering if The Bargain will continue. Loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, The Bargain isn't dead, but I know my limits and one fic at a time is it when school is in session. The plan had been to finish it over the summer. Damn ffnet to the fiery pits for suspending my account over the story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do people keep up with when you are supposed to post a chapter - all I know is I need one all the time. I came here hoping for a teaser on chapter 42 - no dice. I'm guessing I might be a tad early since this was posted originally on 10-28. Oh well, don't mean to be demanding and winey - well, maybe a little I do, but at least you know you have a big fan who loves you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you are so into my story, Sandy. Check your gmail, bb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited for the next teaser!!!

    ReplyDelete