Monday, March 7, 2011

Reviews

So, I've read a lot of fanfiction.  A lot.  I find stories I love and want to tell the world about them, but my piece of the fandom is pretty tiny.  Two years ago, I was asked to review a story for the Perv Pack's Smut Shack.  I did so eagerly.  That story was socact's Same Time Next Year and I still love this story today.

Last year, I was approached by the Fictionators to write a small piece about 107yearoldvirgin's story, Decoy.  I was flattered and happily obliged.

More recently, I've been rec'ing stories in my author notes.  I was thrilled when the authors of these stories contacted me to thank me for their bump in readership.  I wondered if writing real recommendations/reviews would bring further attention to the stories I love.  I approached Sandy, Mistress of Southern Fanfiction Review and asked her if she'd be interested in publishing the occasional review.  While Sandy and I are both fans of well-written stories, we tend to read very different ones.  She accepted and I've submitted a review or three to her in recent weeks.

What I've decided to do is to post my reviews here, as well.  They'll post here after they run on whatever site for which I write them.  This is more of an archive of my reviews than anything else.  I do hope you'll be encouraged to read the stories I enjoy.  If possible, let the authors know that I sent you their way.

Best,
IT

No comments:

Post a Comment