Sunday, August 22, 2010

Chapter 38, teaser

“What?”

“I let the mistletoe in the bathroom go, but this…?” He pointed to a sprig of the parasitic plant that was tacked over my bed.

“Angela!” I growled under my breath. I looked at Edward. He was looking at me with an amused expression on his face, patiently waiting my explanation.

“It was Angela. I was teasing her about her mistletoe fetish earlier today…I’m sure she thought this was funny.”

“It is.”

“Mortifying is more like it,” I replied.

“Look at that blush,” Edward commented, making me flush even harder. He approached me slowly. “My understanding,” he said quietly, tucking my hair behind my ear, “is that blushing is a sign of guilt, not innocence. What are you thinking, Ms. Swan?”

The question seemed rhetorical as he lowered his face towards mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment