Sunday, February 27, 2011

Chapter 51 teaser

“What did you do, man?” Jasper asked, straining his neck to see where the girls had disappeared to.

“I’m…not exactly sure,” I replied, just as confused as he was by the turn of events. Jasper laughed, knowing that his wife would be back for him at some point.

I shook my head and refilled my glass before settling back. The traffic in this club was insane. It was easy to pick out the different types populating the place. There were gangs of women enjoying their ladies’ night, while groups of guys made me wonder about bachelor parties. There were easily identifiable couples, and business types suited up despite the fact that it was Sunday night. The business part of my mind was trying to calculate the buy-in for a piece of a place like this.

“I’ll be right back,” Jasper yelled. I nodded as he headed towards the brightly lit sign pointing the way to the restrooms.

My eyes continued to wander the area around us. I was starting to wonder if Bella was ever coming back when a familiar voice said my name.

“Edward?”

My head shot up as I took in the small blonde woman who had approached the table. She was dressed in a black suit with a shimmery silver top underneath.


3 comments:

  1. ooooooh can't wait to see what happens

    ReplyDelete
  2. CRAP! Just when it seems things were going well with Bella, someone from Edward's past comes back to shake things up, huh? Damn, you are so good and so evil at the same time! Can't wait for the next chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruh-roh!! A small blond...that could be a toxic combination.

    Kellie

    ReplyDelete