Saturday, February 19, 2011

Fandoms Fight the Floods

Hello!

This is a teaser for the standalone one shot I wrote for Fandoms Fight the Floods. My submission has been sent in and acknowledged. Compilations are being sent out on March 1, but you can donate until March 30. I hope you'll support all the marvelous Aussies who've been ravaged by flooding. All it takes is a $5 donation. Donation information can be found here!

Need You Now

Friday nights weren’t my night. I understood. It wasn’t their fault, so why should they suffer?

But, even though Friday nights weren’t my night, Rose and Alice still stopped by before heading out.

“This is just so stupid,” Rose complained. She said it every week.

Didn’t change a thing.

“You guys don’t have to come here on Fridays, you know,” I told them. I said this every week.

Didn’t change a thing.

“It’s not your fault we’re not together, and there’s no reason for you to suffer.”

“There’s no reason for any of us to be suffering. You’re not seeing anyone. He’s not seeing anyone. Why don’t you just get back together?”

“You know why.”

“No, I don’t. I don’t know why. None of us know why.”

“We just don’t work, Rose. All we ever did was fight.”

Alice snorted. “That’s not all you did.”

I blushed. Every one of our friends had walked in on us at some point in the past three years. My relationship with Edward had been volatile and passionate. He’d get that look in his eye, or I’d get a whiff of his intoxicating scent and the next thing you knew we were christening the closest horizontal surface.

“Where are you going tonight?” I asked, not thinking that I might not want to hear the answer.

Alice and Rose exchanged looks.

“Oh.”

Not one to beat around the bush, Rose said, “The guys thought that Edward might have some luck there.” She made reference to our usual watering hole with a challenging arch of her brow.

“I get it, Rose. No need to paint a picture.”

"Well, paint this; if you don’t do something soon, he will find someone else.”


5 comments:

  1. It looks really great. Can't wait to read the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything you write so I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will this just be a one-shot or will it turn into a full story?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tru -- it's a one shot. I have a bunch of plans for postTHTF, but this isn't a story I'm planning on continuing. I can tell you tho, that my prereader and betas have already asked for me to continue it.

    ReplyDelete