Tuesday, June 22, 2010

God, I Want You

Chapter 21 teaser

I was ready for a drink after a particularly wild song ended and was about to suggest we head back to the table when Timbaland's Scream blared through the speakers.

The slow, sensual beat didn't appeal to as many dancers as the more raucous numbers, and I felt the area around us open up as some people left the floor. It was still crowded, but Bella and I weren't pushed up hard against each other anymore. We continued to dance only holding each other lightly. The music was seductive and sexy. Suddenly, Bella fell against me as some drunken fool stumbled into her. Instead of stepping back after regaining her balance, she slid one hand around my neck. We were now pressed together from knee to shoulder.

What's this? I wondered.

No comments:

Post a Comment