Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Merry Christmas

Chapter 20 teaser

"Well, Isabella Swan, we seem to have a problem here, don't we?"

"A problem?" her voice quivered, barely audible over the sound of the water falling from the showerhead.

"Yes, if I'm not mistaken, you're employed by the company contracted to clean this building." I paused, raising an eyebrow, waiting for her confirmation.

"Yes, sir."

Sir.

"Unless there's some obscure clause of which I am unaware, you are in violation of your contractual duties. You're fired."

"What? NO!"

She took a step closer.

"Yes," I replied, affecting boredom. "My assistant will contact your employer tomorrow and terminate our contract, effective immediately. Since we're terminating for cause I have no doubt that you'll lose your position, as well." I took a deep breath. "Good evening, Miss Swan."

I turned and began slowly walking towards the door to my office.

"Wait!"

No comments:

Post a Comment