Tuesday, June 22, 2010

This is Hard

Chapter 22 teaser

"Hi, Edward!" a trio of sing-songy voices interrupted Jasper's rant. He looked at the girls who had approached our table with a raised eyebrow.

"Ladies," I grinned as I greeted the women standing nearby. Two of them turned to each other and giggled, the third gave me a hard look accompanied by a wicked smile. Nice. She was about Bella's height, though, and her eyes were definitely brown. Too bad.

"Find me later," I told them, "we can share a dance."

"Okay!" the two giggling ones said. The third, a socialite I recognized as someone from Tanya's large group of acquaintances, shot me another challenging glance before strutting away behind her friends. I watched her ass appreciatively as she walked down the stairs behind her friends. I turned back to find Jasper's hard eyes on me.

"Sorry," I said, though my tone conveyed the insincerity of the word, "you were saying?"

Jasper sighed. "I was saying that you don't know anything about a real relationship, Edward, so you can't imagine what it feels like when it ends."

No comments:

Post a Comment