Wednesday, June 2, 2010

On Your Mark

Chapter 7 teaser

"Grab yourself a cup of coffee or something and then join me in my office. Ms. Weber, please join us as well."

"Yes, sir," Angela answered quietly.

I quickly made myself a cup of tea as Angela hung up her pretty sweater coat and stashed her purse under her desk. The two of us entered Edward's office silently. I noticed that Angela had a small pad in her hands.

"Please sit down, ladies," Edward said, waving his hands at the chairs in front of his desk. We both sat down. I took a sip of my tea while Angela flipped open her pad and removed a pen from behind her ear. Edward settled back in his seat.

"You won't need that, Ms. Weber," he told her.

Angela closed her pad. I noticed her eyes tightening.
"So, on to business," Edward began. "I usually don't discuss performance with other employees present, Ms. Weber, but for the sake of expedience I thought we'd do this together."

No comments:

Post a Comment