Saturday, June 5, 2010

Workin' 9 to 5

Chapter 14 teaser

This was the third time a trip to the bathroom led to an uncomfortable scene between me and Bella. When she opened the door in my blue bathrobe my brain just shut down.

She was in the middle of dressing. She obviously wasn't wearing her clothes yet and needed to put on my robe to deal with my interruption. Then, when she opened the door, I stood there like a 15-year old boy, gawking. I didn't even move when she tried to get past me. She practically had to rub herself against me to go sit on the couch.

I'm not oblivious. I wouldn't have offered Bella this job if she wasn't physically appealing, but she really wasn't my type.

What's your type, Cullen? Plastic socialites with IQs barely in the three-digit range?

Tanya fit that description and we were together for eleven months. She hadn't had this effect on me in, well…never. Tanya was as beautiful as the talented doctors of Chicago could make her. It was quite plausible that one could find the words "made in China" stamped somewhere in or on her body. Bella's body was natural and all the more intriguing because of it. Where Tanya had been all sharp edges, Bella was soft curves. That was obvious in the dress she wore last week and tonight, in my robe.

You're not attracted to her that way, Edward. You've just been without, ummm, female companionship for too long.

I needed to get laid.

No comments:

Post a Comment