Wednesday, June 2, 2010

One Headache After Another

Chapter 2 teaser

"So if you're not with Tanya anymore who are you taking to Mom's little shindig next weekend?"

Damn. I had completely forgotten about my mother's annual charity ball and auction. Mom did a great deal of fundraising for the hospital my father ran. The annual charity ball and auction was one of the biggest events of the season.

"I'll go stag. It's no big deal. The plate is already paid for, whether someone eats the food or not is moot."

"You'll throw off Mom's seating chart. You know how she feels about an odd number of people at the table."

"I'm sitting with you, Rose, Mom and Dad and Jasper and Charlotte. It's unlikely that I'll be left out of the conversation."
"C'mon, there's got to be someone who's not so pissed at you that they'll refuse the social event of the season."

"Emmett." My voice held a note of warning. He was aggravating me.

"Edward," he deadpanned, echoing my intonation, "the computer was on and I noticed the unread email and couldn't resist calling."

"Try to resist next time."

"So you're already planning a next time? Who's the lucky girl?" And there we were, back to me.

"No more girls, Emmett. I'm done."

Emmett snorted. "I always did wonder about you, Eddie. So, who's the lucky guy?"

No comments:

Post a Comment