Thursday, June 24, 2010

It Doesn't Mean Anything

Chapter 32 teaser

"So, tell me why is there a message on Alice's voicemail from Edward Cullen, telling her that you need a change of clothes, when we all know that I've slipped you enough haute couture to last you a lifetime, hm?"

"Um, how do you know what's on Alice's voicemail, Riley?"

"That's not important, darling, answer my question."

I sighed.

"Um, I spent the night at Edward's place-" was as far as I got before Riley let out an ear-splitting scream that went on and on. I yanked the phone away from my ear until I was sure he was done. When I brought the phone back to my ear, he was in midrant.

"…I knew, I just knew…" he continued on and on, speaking faster and faster, until his words were just an unintelligible cacophony.

"Riley!"

"…with that dress and those shoes…"

"Riley!"

"…and Alice owes me a day off, with pay…"

"Riley!"

"…the websites had it so wrong…"

"Riley!"

"What?" he responded as I finally got through to him.

"Are you bringing me my clothes?"

Stunned silence ensued.

"Are you still there?" he finally asked, in a hopeful whisper.

"Yes."

No comments:

Post a Comment