Thursday, June 24, 2010

What Jessica Did

Chapter 28 teaser

"Are you still drunk?" The disgusted amusement was back in his voice.

"No, I'm not still drunk," I mimicked, "just a little light-headed."

"Well, just settle down. Bella made arrangements for you to have late check-out before she left."

"Bella left? When?"

"A couple hours ago. She called Alice for a ride around nine this morning."

I groaned and rubbed my face again. Jasper chuckled without a trace of compassion.

"Go take a shower," he suggested. "I'll get your shit packed up and order something for you to eat."

I nodded and stood more slowly than before. I took a few steps towards the bathroom before hesitating.

"Did she quit?" I asked, quietly, not turning around to look at him.

"You'll need to talk to her about that yourself."

No comments:

Post a Comment