Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Let's Get it Started, EPOV

Chapter 6 teaser

"Edward," she purred as I walked into the room and closed the door behind me.

"Tanya," I replied, nodding.

"I had a very interesting conversation with my publicist," she started. "She's under the impression that we're no longer dating. Imagine my surprise since this was news to me."

"Tanya -" I began.

"Don't you 'Tanya' me," she cut me off. "What the fuck, Edward?" Her voice had risen in pitch. I wondered how much she'd already had to drink.

"After last night, I decided that this," I waved my hand between us, "wasn't working anymore. It was fun while it lasted, but it's not serving either of us anymore."

"You didn't see the need to discuss it with me before calling my publicist?" Her voice was still tinged with anger.

"You didn't see the need to discuss it with me when you told me you weren't coming home with me last night."

"Is that what this is about, Edward? You need to get off?"

"Tanya, you're being crass." As far as I was concerned, this conversation was over. I couldn't talk to her when she was like this. I walked past her and sat at my desk, glancing at the papers I had left there earlier.

Crash

No comments:

Post a Comment