Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Thank you for Tonight...

Chapter 26 teaser

"Good afternoon, Mr. Cullen, will Mr. Whitlock be joining you today?"

"Not today, Bree, however, if I could trouble you for the same table we dined at last time I'd appreciate it."

He reached over and clasped her hand lightly. I could see a light flush blossom on her face. I could sympathize with her.

"Certainly, Mr. Cullen, would you like a drink at the bar while it's prepared for you? I'll be over to get you shortly." She gestured to the long, dimly lit bar. Two busy bartenders, in impeccable white shirts, were filling orders behind the highly polished wood.

"Thank you, Bree."

I stepped to Edward's side. He glanced over at me and smiled. I reached across my body with my right arm and lightly grasped his forearm, while tucking my left hand in his elbow.

"We'll have a drink while we're waiting," he said to me.

I simply smiled in response. I glanced at Bree as she turned to lead us away, but not before I caught the flat look in her eye.

Sorry, sweetie.

No comments:

Post a Comment